Dallas, Texas: Friendly Albino Armadillo
A home-made statue of a white armadillo, wearing a cowboy hat and boots, waves to passing cars from atop a meat market sign.
Nortena Meat Market
- 10718 Garland Rd, Dallas, TX
- Nortena Meat Market. Northeast edge of the city. On the south side of Garland Rd/Hwy 78 just east of Centerville Rd.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Friendly Albino Armadillo
Visitor Tips and News About Friendly Albino Armadillo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The meat market is gone but the little guy is still there. When you visit him, go the extra mile or two to the Dallas Arboretum. No roadside attractions, but it's still very nice. [Dan Fulton, 04/02/2013]
There's a strange, white armadillo standing on the Nortena Meat Market sign. He wears a red cowboy hat, red cowboy boots, and teal gloves. When driving down the road, my husband thought it was an albino rat. Closer inspection revealed an armadillo waving at us. I don't know anyone who has ever eaten armadillo, but if that's what they advertise on their meat market sign, I guess they specialize in road kill.
[Kristy McCoy, 10/25/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Giant Arrow, Plains, Texas
- Hindu Temple, Stafford, Texas
- Bat Colony, Huntsville, Texas
- JD Tippit Murder Site, Oak Cliff, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips