Elkhorn, Wisconsin: Watson's Wild West Museum - 2,000 Branding Irons
Offers the typical array of Wild West attraction artifacts and memorabilia -- and then there's those 2,000 branding irons...
- W4865 Potter Rd, Elkhorn, WI
- I-43 exit 27B. Northwest on US 12 one mile until it merges with Hwy 67. One-half mile north to Potter Rd, on the right.
- May-Oct Tu-Sa 10 am - 5 pm, Su 1 pm - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Watson's Wild West Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Watson's Wild West Museum - 2,000 Branding Irons
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Step back in time to the American West at this bizarre yet family-friendly museum outside of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Activities include panning for gold at the Tumbleweed Mine, roping demonstrations, historical tall tales from host Doug Watson, Dr. Quiggley's Medicine Show, cowboy poetry, humor, historical perspective of those times and events, and the thoughts of Will Rogers. Kids can even "belly up to the bar" for a cold Sarsaparilla.
The General Store is surrounded by cowboy artifacts of the 1880's -- High Back Saddles, Chaps, Spurs, Branding Irons, Firearms, Holsters, and Mounted Game of Buffalo, Elk, Moose, Bear, Wolf, and Mountain Lion.
[Jonathan Blaque, 05/17/2005]
Watson's Wild West Museum - 2,000 Branding Irons
Watson's Wild West Museum in Elkhorn, a replica of an 1880s general store, features thousands of artifacts and memorabilia from the cowboy era. The treasures at Watson's include authentic 1800s firearms and artifacts, ornate spurs and clothing, unopened 100-year-old plug-tobacco pouches, more than 2,000 branding irons, 115 saddles and mounted buffalo, elk and deer heads. In the bathroom, the wallpaper is made of "wanted" posters, traveling show ads and newspaper clippings. Kids can search for gold at the Tumbleweed Mine.
[Jennifer Schmitt, 05/20/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue of Romeo, The Killer Elephant, Delavan, WI - 7 mi.
- Giraffe Statue, Delavan, WI - 7 mi.
- Andy Gump Statue, Lake Geneva, WI - 10 mi.
- In the region: Concord Zoo, Behind General Store, Concord, WI - 26 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 23, 2014
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Towboat L. Wade Childress, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
- Carved Sturgeon Photo Opportunity, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
- Mary Nohl's Concrete Art, Fox Point, Wisconsin
- Margaret Thatcher Jelly Belly Portrait, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- Pirates Hideaway, Eagle River, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips