Cherokee, Alabama: Shoe Tree
Hundreds of pairs of shoes hang from a single tree, one of countless thousands of trees in an otherwise rural and undeveloped stretch of highway. Easy to see in the winter.
- US Hwy 72, Cherokee, AL
- On the north side of US Hwy 72, either four miles west of Cherokee, or 4.5 miles east of the Alabama-Mississippi state line.
- 1 Pair of Shoes!
Roadside Shoe Tree
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
My wife and I were returning home from photographing the bald eagles nesting at Shiloh Battlefield in Savannah, Tennessee, when we passed a tree full of shoes on the west-bound side of US Hwy 72. I'd put the location somewhere near "smack-dab in the middle" of Luka, Mississippi and Tuscumbia, Alabama. [Jeremy, 04/10/2013]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Coon Dog Graveyard, Cherokee, AL - 10 mi.
- Rattlesnake Saloon - In a Cave, Tuscumbia, AL - 11 mi.
- Giant Aluminum Rock 'n' Roller, Sheffield, AL - 19 mi.
- In the region: The Big Red Store - Coffins, Moon Pies, etc., Five Points, TN - 49 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Alabama Latest Tips and Stories
- To Kill A Mockingbird Town and Museum, Monroeville, Alabama
- Paul Bunyan Woodsman, Stapleton, Alabama
- Fallen Giant Robot - Goldie 1971, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Moon Winx Lodge Sign, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Elaborate Doll House Grave Of Nadine Earles, Lanett, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips