Tonto Basin, Arizona: Shoe Tree
Scraggly tree targeted to hold shoes tossed by locals and passersby. Look for the plastic pink flamingo.
- AZ 188, Tonto Basin, AZ
- In the Tonto National Forest, 16 mi. north of Roosevelt Lake on Highway 188 at a pullout on the right/east, about 5 miles south of the junction with highway 87.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A tree full of shoes (and a plastic pink flamingo); perhaps the result of a Wizard of Oz type tornado? [Kaitlyn Barrett, 04/12/2015]
April 30, 2017
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Longest Map of Route 66, Meteor City, Arizona
- Ruins of Santa's Land, Santa Claus, Arizona
- Big Nose Kate's Saloon, Tombstone, Arizona
- Standin' on the Corner Park, Winslow, Arizona
- E.T. Encounter Diner, Sedona, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Vietnam Memorial, Mineral Wells, Texas
- Award-Winning Art Deco Bathroom, Nashville, Tennessee
- Bottle Cap Alley, College Station, Texas
- Gas Station Taxidermy Museum, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Dress-Up Sinclair Dinosaur, Champlin, Minnesota