Tonto Basin, Arizona: Shoe Tree
Scraggly tree targeted to hold shoes tossed by locals and passersby. Look for the plastic pink flamingo.
- AZ 188, Tonto Basin, AZ
- In the Tonto National Forest, 16 mi. north of Roosevelt Lake on Highway 188 at a pullout on the right/east, about 5 miles south of the junction with highway 87.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A tree full of shoes (and a plastic pink flamingo); perhaps the result of a Wizard of Oz type tornado? [Kaitlyn Barrett, 04/12/2015]
March 26, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Standin' on the Corner Park, Winslow, Arizona
- E.T. Encounter Diner, Sedona, Arizona
- Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Ranch, Picacho, Arizona
- Mare and Foal, Tucson, Arizona
- Old Cliff Dwellers Lodge, Marble Canyon, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington