Tortilla Flat, Arizona: Tortilla Flat
A tiny town with an equally tiny population stands along one side of the Apache Trail highway. Looks like one-half of a Wild West street. Vintage auto tour available.
- Apache Trail, Tortilla Flat, AZ
- Take the US 60 East(Superstition Freeway), to Apache Junction. Take the Idaho exit and go N to SR 88. R on SR 88 and travel 18 miles NE to Tortilla Flat. It's 2 miles past Canyon Lake near Mile Marker 213.
- M-F 9 am - 6 pm / Sa-Su 8am to 7 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Tortilla Flat
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tortilla Flat was bought in 1998 and is still open. The restaurant and gift shop are all operating. The city even has its own zip code and a population of 6. I heard that they are only fully operational between Christmas and Easter but I am not 100% sure about this.
Tortilla Flat is a stop at the end of the highway. It's diner has walls covered in dollar bills and saddles for bar stools.
[Rebecca Hansen, 01/12/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Ruins of Santa's Land, Santa Claus, Arizona
- Tiny Church - Pause Rest Worship, Yuma, Arizona
- Green McDonald's Arches, Sedona, Arizona
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Williams, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Site of World's First Radio Telescope, Wheaton, Illinois
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips