Tortilla Flat, Arizona: Tortilla FlatA tiny town with an equally tiny population stands along one side of the Apache Trail highway. Looks like one-half of a Wild West street. Vintage auto tour available.
- Apache Trail, Tortilla Flat, AZ
- Take the US 60 East(Superstition Freeway), to Apache Junction. Take the Idaho exit and go N to SR 88. R on SR 88 and travel 18 miles NE to Tortilla Flat. It's 2 miles past Canyon Lake near Mile Marker 213.
- M-F 9 am - 6 pm / Sa-Su 8am to 7 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Tortilla Flat
Tortilla Flat was bought in 1998 and is still open. The restaurant and gift shop are all operating. The city even has its own zip code and a population of 6. I heard that they are only fully operational between Christmas and Easter but I am not 100% sure about this.[Ryan, 02/24/2007]
Tortilla Flat is a stop at the end of the highway. It's diner has walls covered in dollar bills and saddles for bar stools.[Rebecca Hansen, 01/12/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Goldfield Ghost Town, Goldfield, AZ - 8 mi.
- Superstition Mountain Museum, Apache Junction, AZ - 8 mi.
- Lost Dutchman Monument, Apache Junction, AZ - 12 mi.
- World's Tallest Continuously Running Freshwater Fountain, Fountain Hills, AZ - 19 mi.