Saugerties, New York: Giant Steel Dinosaur Skeleton
38-ft. tall steel dinosaur skeleton sculpture combines the body of Apatosaurus with a T-rex head.
Rip Van Winkle Campgrounds
- 149 Blue Mountain Rd, Saugerties, NY
- 1/2 mi. north of Rt. 212, west side of Blue Mountain Rd.
- 25 cents to see the dino spray water.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Steel Dinosaur Skeleton
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The dinosaur still stands! The campground appeared to be closed for the season, but I'm not sure. I parked in the driveway and took photos from a distance. I probably could have gotten closer, but I opted not to take a chance and possibly bother the owners. Careful -- if you try to park by the side of the road, there is a deep ditch. [Kelly, 01/27/2017]
Giant Steel Dinosaur Skeleton
Located by the fishing pond of a small campground. For 25 cents, the dinosaur sprays water from its mouth. [Katie, 07/27/2016]
May 22, 2017
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Wooden Escalators, New York, New York
- Tower of Stacked Humans, Buffalo, New York
- Catamount People's Museum, Catskill, New York
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- Erie Railroad Turntable, Port Jervis, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- A-7 Corsair II Aircraft, Cullom, Illinois
- Oxley, Metal Ox, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Ashes of First Cremated American, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Trolley Graveyard, Windber, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Stumpy's Hatchet House, Eatontown, New Jersey