Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born far from Hollywood. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, surrounded by stone monuments describing his best movies.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Director John Ford Statue
Neat tribute to a director of western movies. [Brooke Chesson-Riedel, 09/28/2016]
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
October 23, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- B-52 Crash Wreckage and Memorial, Greenville, Maine
- Director John Ford Statue, Portland, Maine
- Cheese Shop Shaped Like Cheese, Wells, Maine
- 45th Parallel Gift Shop, Perry, Maine
- Dragon and Slayer, St. George, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hobby Horse House - Home of Doll Lady, Matlacha, Florida
- Grave of the Foot of James A. Reid, Salisbury, North Carolina
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Concrete Teepee, Lawrence, Kansas
- Grave of Washington's Last Pallbearer, Lambertville, New Jersey
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York