Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born about as far from Hollywood as it's possible to get in America. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, directing.
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
May 30, 2015
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Uncle Donald's Pig Farm, Limerick, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- The Swinging Bridge, Brunswick, Maine
- Mainer C. Lobster and Fisherman, Woolwich, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas