Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born about as far from Hollywood as it's possible to get in America. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, directing.
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
May 28, 2016
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Underground Railroad Manhole, Brewer, Maine
- Wedding Cake House, Kennebunk, Maine
- International Cryptozoology Museum, Portland, Maine
- Easternmost Point in the U.S., Lubec, Maine
- Big Easy Chair, Kittery, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Reptile Gardens, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico