Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born about as far from Hollywood as it's possible to get in America. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, directing.
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
February 10, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- World Traveler Sign, Lynchville, Maine
- Feature: Wild Blueberry Land: World's Largest Blueberry, Columbia Falls, Maine
- International Cryptozoology Museum, Portland, Maine
- Rooftop Elephant, Belfast, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Fort Knox Tunnels, Prospect, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma