Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born far from Hollywood. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, surrounded by stone monuments describing his best movies.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Director John Ford Statue
Neat tribute to a director of western movies. [Brooke Chesson-Riedel, 09/28/2016]
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
March 28, 2017
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Stanley Museum: Steam Cars, Kingfield, Maine
- Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- B-52 Crash Wreckage and Memorial, Greenville, Maine
- Director John Ford Statue, Portland, Maine
- Cheese Shop Shaped Like Cheese, Wells, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia