Portland, Maine: Director John Ford Statue
The man known for his Hollywood Westerns was born about as far from Hollywood as it's possible to get in America. Bronze has him seated in a director's chair, directing.
Better late than never: Portland honors hometown Hollywood hero
Visitor Tips and News About Director John Ford Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
John Ford, director of such AMC cable staples as "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Mister Roberts," has finally been honored by his home town of Portland, ME.
... [07/19/1998] Complete News Story
August 31, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Solar System Model, Presque Isle, Maine
- Giant Lobster Attacking Boat, Hancock, Maine
- Lobstermobile, Bath, Maine
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine
- Underground Railroad Manhole, Brewer, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Lost Sea, Sweetwater, Tennessee
- Midland Mosaics, Tacoma, Washington
- Curiosity Case at Disc Exchange, Dayton, Ohio
- Fairview Inn: U.S. President Poisoned Here, Talkeetna, Alaska
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota