New York, New York: Endowed Elephant Statue
A too-anatomically complete statue, part of the United Nations sculpture garden. Currently closed, and surrounded by a cordon of modesty shrubs.
- 1st Ave., New York, NY
- Hidden in the trees on the southeast corner of 1st Ave. and E. 48th St.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Endowed Elephant Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Endowed Elephant Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The trees in the UN garden are leafless in March, but the gardeners are making sure the Endowed Elephant is well covered in all seasons!
[Jerome Strauss, 03/24/2012]
Anatomically Correct Elephant Statue Unveiled in Sin City
A life-size bronze statue, cast from an African Bull elephant, has been dedicated as part of the United Nations sculpture garden in New York City, NY. Before the ceremony, workers maneuvered potted plants to block the public's view of the statue's 2-FOOT LONG PENIS.
... [11/22/1998] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 24, 2013
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Lily Dale Mediums, Lily Dale, New York
- Iron Island Museum: Ghost tours, Buffalo, New York
- Upside-Down Bridge, Lockport, New York
- Birkett Mills: Cradle of Buckwheat, Penn Yan, New York
- Museum: Smallest Museum in NYC, New York, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips