Minneapolis, Minnesota: Mary Tyler Moore StatueThis landmark was created back when cable channel TV Land thought pop culture, posterity and self-promotion would be best served by sponsoring public statues of fictional TV characters. Iconic, hat-tossing Mary Richards is from the opening credits of the 1970s sitcom set in Minneapolis.
- 700 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
- Downtown, on the west corner of 7th St. S. and the Nicollet Pedestrian Mall.
Visitor Tips and News About Mary Tyler Moore Statue
It reminds me a bit of the bronze Fonz in Milwaukee.[Peachikita, 07/27/2013]
This was wonderful. If you grew up watching and wanting to be "Mary," then this is a must see! Try not to go during rush hour, though.[Bette, 08/04/2012]
Would Mary really throw her hat for a Pedicab?[Bob Fried, 11/24/2011]
Disappointing, but she's in front of Macy's if you need to pick up anything.[Mark, 05/31/2011]
The Mary Tyler Moore Statue is in front of Macy's in downtown Minneapolis.[Christopher Schmitt, 04/10/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Golden Glove, Minneapolis, MN - < 1 mi.
- Rock Men - Courthouse Creatures, Minneapolis, MN - < 1 mi.
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, MN - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, MN - 15 mi.