Vashon, Washington: Sleep in a Covered Wagon or Teepee
Rough it the way that the settlers and natives did, before chain motels and inflatable beds.
AYH Ranch Hostel
- 12119 SW Cove Rd, Vashon, WA
- At the AYH Ranch Hostel, in the northwest corner of Vashon Island. Ferry to Vashon Island, then take Vashon Hwy to SW Cove Rd, then west about a mile and a quarter.
- Check-in 8 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Sleep in a Covered Wagon or Teepee
Visitor Tips and News About Sleep in a Covered Wagon or Teepee
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I had a great time staying at the Vashon Island Hostel -- I slept in a covered wagon! You could also sleep in a teepee! You could catch a ferry to Seattle - beautiful ride across Puget Sound - snow-capped mountains in background. The hostess back in 1998 would pick you up from the ferry. Very relaxing and only about 30 mins from Seattle. Email them from Seattle to be sure of a bed. Price was lower than Seattle. I stayed over there while going to the Pacific Northwest Folklife Festival on Memorial Weekend (May).
[Dwight Walker, 04/20/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 20, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Washington Latest Tips and Stories
- Fake Airplane Landing, Port Hadlock, Washington
- Worried Buoy, Port Townsend, Washington
- Sound Garden, Seattle, Washington
- Treehouse Point, Issaquah, Washington
- Maltby Espresso Cup, Maltby, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips