Longville, Minnesota: Turtle Race Capital of the World
A town so small that the races are held on one of its few streets.
- Route 84, Longville, MN
- The turtle races should be easy to find, as Longville only has a handful of streets.
- Wednesday afternoons
Turtle Race Capital of the World
Visitor Tips and News About Turtle Race Capital of the World
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Every Wednesday in the summer they have turtle races -- you can rent a turtle or bring your own. The town is really small. They close down one of the main streets for the races and had the lines for the races painted on the highway.
[Sky Schear, 05/03/2002]
March 29, 2017
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, Minnesota
- Lark Toys, Kellogg, Minnesota
- Chief Kandiyohi Statue, Willmar, Minnesota
- The Sinking Barn, Zimmerman, Minnesota
- Metal Fish Scupture, Art Alley, Battle Lake, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois