Longville, Minnesota: Turtle Race Capital of the World
A town so small that the races are held on one of its few streets.
- Route 84, Longville, MN
- The turtle races should be easy to find, as Longville only has a handful of streets.
- Wednesday afternoons
Turtle Race Capital of the World
Visitor Tips and News About Turtle Race Capital of the World
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Every Wednesday in the summer they have turtle races -- you can rent a turtle or bring your own. The town is really small. They close down one of the main streets for the races and had the lines for the races painted on the highway.
[Sky Schear, 05/03/2002]
May 27, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Twin City Model Railroad Museum, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Mean Muskie and Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Babe the Blue Ox, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Lonely Head of John Adams, Newport, Rhode Island