Carcross, Yukon Ter., Canada: Grave of Polly the Parrot
Infamous for her salty language, Polly is reportedly buried under the best tombstone in town.
- Klondike Hwy., Carcross, YT, Canada
- Carcross is just north of the B.C. border on the Klondike highway that leads south to Skagway, Alaska. The Klondike Highway's not too far west of the Alaska Highway via Tagish. In the town cemetery.
Grave of Polly the Parrot
Visitor Tips and News About Grave of Polly the Parrot
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Polly the Parrot, internationally famous for his fondness for crackers, lived in the storied Caribou Hotel (formerly the Anderson Hotel) in this Klondike-Gold-Rush-era town and is buried beneath a lavish bronze marker in the cemetery. Polly moved into the Caribou in 1918, sang opera, spewed profanity, and lived 126 years until his demise in 1972.
[Rob L., 06/18/2003]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Yukon Ter. Latest Tips and Stories
- Bicycle Wheel Rim Dome, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- World's Smallest Desert, Carcross, Yukon Ter.
- Sign Post Forest, Watson Lake, Yukon Ter.
- Giant Paddle Wheel, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- Giant Beaver, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Church With a Rock In It, Mentone, Alabama
- Space Station Museum - Moon Holiday, Novato, California
- Architectural DNA, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- U.S. Arsenal Ghost Tower, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Eat BBQ in a Bus Station, Columbus, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips