Carcross, Yukon Ter., Canada: Grave of Polly the Parrot
Infamous for her salty language, Polly is reportedly buried under the best tombstone in town.
- Klondike Hwy., Carcross, YT, Canada
- Carcross is just north of the B.C. border on the Klondike highway that leads south to Skagway, Alaska. The Klondike Highway's not too far west of the Alaska Highway via Tagish. In the town cemetery.
Grave of Polly the Parrot
Visitor Tips and News About Grave of Polly the Parrot
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Polly the Parrot, internationally famous for his fondness for crackers, lived in the storied Caribou Hotel (formerly the Anderson Hotel) in this Klondike-Gold-Rush-era town and is buried beneath a lavish bronze marker in the cemetery. Polly moved into the Caribou in 1918, sang opera, spewed profanity, and lived 126 years until his demise in 1972.
[Rob L., 06/18/2003]
December 10, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Yukon Ter. Latest Tips and Stories
- Shipwrecks on the Yukon River, West Dawson, Yukon Ter.
- 30-Foot-Tall Wooden Mountie, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- World's Largest Weather Vane, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
- Drink with a Human Toe in It, Dawson, Yukon Ter.
- Bicycle Wheel Rim Dome, Whitehorse, Yukon Ter.
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma