Salem, Illinois: Pollard's Collection
Pollard Motor Sales
- 1860 N. Broadway Ave., Salem, IL
- Pollard Motor Sales. I-57 exit 116. East on US Hwy 50 into downtown, then left (north) on Broadway/Hwy 37. Roughly two miles north, past Hardacre Rd, on the right.
- Daily 8 am -5 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Mr. Pollard can't seem to throw anything away, including the plane crashed in his back yard. Outsider art at its goofy best. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [10/30/2011]
Visitor Tips and News About Pollard's Collection
There is now a Mayberry Police car up a tree. Poor Barney.[Melissa, 04/08/2012]
There was so much odd stuff to see at Pollard's Collection! The Bumper Guard knight, the VW Spider, the 1957 Chevy Red Belair tomb...They've added a sign-in book so you can look back at past visitors. Definitely worth the detour![Darick Maasen, 07/17/2010]
Pollard's Collection has so much interesting stuff in the yard and an old car cemetery of sorts in the back and a shoe tree right by the front. Don't miss the boat up in the tree from the flood of '93![Amy L, 03/24/2009]
A "bumper crop," last accurate count I had was 337 but it has grown considerably since then. 15 foot bumper guard (suit of armor), 22-ft. cannon, bell wagon, pot rod , plane crashed in the back yard, giant lady bug... He has way too much stuff to list here but it's quite a collection. If you call or stop by he'll tell you all about it and show you as much as you want to see.[Etta Fletcher, 09/03/2003]
March 2009: Photo added.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mr. Rooster, Built of Scrap Iron, Iuka, IL - 9 mi.
- Miniature Washington Monument Replica, Mount Vernon, IL - 23 mi.
- Road Sign Art, Mount Vernon, IL - 23 mi.
- In the region: Charlie Birger Gallows and George Harrison Artifacts, Benton, IL - 45 mi.