Peru, Illinois: Sapp Bros. Pot of Coffee SignOne of several similar-sized coffee pot signs for a regional chain of truck stops.
Sapp Bros. Travel Center
- 3130 May Rd, Peru, IL
- Northwest of town. I-80 exit 73, north side.
Visitor Tips and News About Sapp Bros. Pot of Coffee Sign
Water tower coffee pot no longer there. Don't know when it was removed or if it's coming back. Has 1950s era looking neon sign.[R Mayer, 10/16/2014]
Wondering if that initial report was just a sign rather than a water tower like Sapp Bros. has in a few other locations...
An old advertisement for a restaurant. Off highway 80 West toward Des Moines.[Melissa Schuster, 08/13/2010]
Unfortunately, over time the Sapp Brothers' promotional coffee pot water towers are being replaced with flat -- albeit large -- coffee pot signs.
Sapp Bros truck stop restaurant. Just N of I-80, just W of I-39. Can be seen from I-80.[Judy, 09/30/2003]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Star Trek Vulcan Hand, Peru, IL - 3 mi.
- Cherry Mine Disaster Mass Grave, Cherry, IL - 5 mi.
- Woody the Root Beer Man, Oglesby, IL - 6 mi.
- In the region: Giant Indian: The Rock River Colossus - Under Repair, Oregon, IL - 47 mi.