Cartersville, Georgia: Friendship Plaza - World's Only Creditor Monument
In 1860 Mark Anthony Cooper, "The Iron King of Georgia," erected a monument to the men who loaned him money so that he could continue being rich.
- E. Main St., Cartersville, GA
- Downtown, on the north side of E. Main St./Hwy 113 just west of the train tracks. I-75 exit 288 will take you straight past it, on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Friendship Plaza - World's Only Creditor Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Plaza Features Cooper's Friendship Monument, the only monument known that was erected by a debtor to honor his creditors. Just prior to the Civil War, Mark Anthony Cooper, The Iron King Of Georgia, built the monument in tribute to his 38 friends who aided him in a financial crisis. The plaza commemorates numerous other notables in Bartow County's history.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Revolving Bronze Sculpture of Ray Charles, With Music, Albany, Georgia
- Iron Horse, Watkinsville, Georgia
- Giant Hands and Safety Pin, Marietta, Georgia
- The Big Oak - 328+ Years Old, Thomasville, Georgia
- Agricultural Icon Mural, Colquitt, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips