Cartersville, Georgia: Friendship Plaza - World's Only Creditor Monument
In 1860 Mark Anthony Cooper, "The Iron King of Georgia," erected a monument to the men who loaned him money so that he could continue being rich.
- E. Main St., Cartersville, GA
- Downtown, on the north side of E. Main St./Hwy 113 just west of the train tracks. I-75 exit 288 will take you straight past it, on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Friendship Plaza - World's Only Creditor Monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Plaza Features Cooper's Friendship Monument, the only monument known that was erected by a debtor to honor his creditors. Just prior to the Civil War, Mark Anthony Cooper, The Iron King Of Georgia, built the monument in tribute to his 38 friends who aided him in a financial crisis. The plaza commemorates numerous other notables in Bartow County's history.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Atlanta Cyclorama - Battle of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- Submarine on Land, St. Marys, Georgia
- Crime and Punishment Museum, Ashburn, Georgia
- Tupac Shakur Statue, Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Feature: Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips