Statesboro, Georgia: U.S. National Tick Collection
Reportedly over one million ticks are kept here -- some coated with gold!
Georgia Southern University
- S. Main St., Statesboro, GA
- Georgia Southern University, Technology Building, Institute for Arthropodology and Parasitology. On the south side of the city. Enter the campus from S. Main St.
- W1:30-2:30 or by appt. (Call to verify)
Smithsonian Institute Tick Museum
Visitor Tips and News About U.S. National Tick Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
World's largest tick collection. Open for one hour every Wednesday or by appointment. We spent an hour asking them about ticks and seeing the largest and smallest they had in bottles. They showed us the machine that freeze dries the ticks and coats them with gold for better viewing under the high powered microscopes.
[Barbara Johnson, 04/23/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Mattress, Jefferson, Georgia
- Junkman's Daughter - Junk Superstore, Atlanta, Georgia
- CDC Museum - Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia
- Commuter Gallery - Art Installation, Decatur, Georgia
- Southern Forest World Environmental Center, Waycross, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Sanitarium Bed, Batavia, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips