New Hyde Park, New York: Colonial-era McDonaldsGeorge Washington Ate Fries Here? Probably not, but maybe Lafayette did; he was French....
- 2045 Jericho Tpke, New Hyde Park, NY
- At the corner of Hwy 25/Jerico Turnpike and Nassau Terminal Rd., north side.
Visitor Tips and News About Colonial-era McDonalds
This McDonald's is indeed in a historic building but it is most certainly not from the colonial era. I believe it's late 19th century (the exact date is on a plaque inside).[Edward Mazza, 07/03/2010]
There's the colonial McDonald's in New Hyde Park, NY (on Long Island). The landmark commission wouldn't let them tear down the historic mansion they purchased, so they restored the outside and converted the inside to a fast food restaurant.[Bob Buethe, 06/20/1998]
Photo of McD's in August 2001, courtesy Mike Hoffman.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Castle Gould - Irish Castle Replica, Port Washington, NY - 8 mi.
- Time Capsules from the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs, Queens, NY - 9 mi.
- World's Fair - The Unisphere, Queens, NY - 9 mi.
- Overlooked Memorial to the Holocaust, New York, NY - 16 mi.