Venice, California: Binocular Building
Another everyday item turned to oddball architecture by artist Claes Oldenburg.
- 330 Main St., Venice, CA
- I-10 West, exit 4th St, left onto 4th, right onto Pico, left onto Main, just south past Rose on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Binocular Building
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On Main Street, just South of Rose Ave, there is a building with a pair of 30-40 foot binoculars out front. It also serves as the entrance to the underground parking garage. Cars actually drive under the binoculars! The building was designed by Frank Gehry and seems to be some sort of office building. Also nearby is a giant mime/ballerina/hobo statue. Its on the corner of Rose and main. The leg used to kick showgirl style and there used to be a koo-koo-roo under it.
[Todd Schoenbaum, 04/01/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Donut - Dunkin Donuts, Long Beach, California
- Giant Gas Guy, Hayward, California
- Rocket Park and Airplane Graveyard, Mojave, California
- Gawk at Elephant Seals, San Simeon, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
- One-Armed Hot Dog, Winsted, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips