Venice, California: Binocular Building
Another everyday item turned to oddball architecture by artist Claes Oldenburg.
- 330 Main St., Venice, CA
- I-10 West, exit 4th St, left onto 4th, right onto Pico, left onto Main, just south past Rose on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Binocular Building
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On Main Street, just South of Rose Ave, there is a building with a pair of 30-40 foot binoculars out front. It also serves as the entrance to the underground parking garage. Cars actually drive under the binoculars! The building was designed by Frank Gehry and seems to be some sort of office building. Also nearby is a giant mime/ballerina/hobo statue. Its on the corner of Rose and main. The leg used to kick showgirl style and there used to be a koo-koo-roo under it.
[Todd Schoenbaum, 04/01/2005]
December 6, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Kelly's Muffler Car, Paradise, California
- Feature: Fort Humboldt - Lonely Ulysses S. Grant Army Post, Eureka, California
- Gold Nugget Museum, Paradise, California
- Feature: World's Largest Redwood Tree Service Station, Ukiah, California
- Giant Hammer Sign, Eureka, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
- Hole N' The Rock And The Stuffed Donkey, Moab, Utah
- Goblin Valley - Galaxy Quest Planet And Fun Photo Op, Green River, Utah
- Giraffe Bursts Through Roof, Aurora, Illinois
- Large Goofy Bunny, Gateway, Arkansas