Jacumba, California: Gravity Hill
Defying the laws of gravity and common sense, vehicles appear to roll backwards up a hill. Try at your own risk!
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Gravity Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were amazed, it's so freaky to roll "uphill!" Well worth pulling off if you are passing by. It's literally the off-ramp itself. Pause on the westbound side of the exit, put it in neutral and roll. [Joanie Berkwitz, 02/02/2015]
In addition to the Desert View Tower and rock art formations located in Jacumba, there is a "gravity hill" similar to the one in La Jolla, California. In Ko Pah Road, the side road which leads you into the tower, has the ability to roll your car uphill. This phenomenon located on Devil's Canyon. Try it with your car in neutral, water, balls, whatever and you'll be left in amazement!
July 31, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Beauty Bubble Hair and Beauty Museum and Salon, Twentynine Palms, California
- Largest Grindstone In The World, Lake Shasta, California
- San Onofre Boobs - Nuke Power Towers, San Onofre, California
- World's Largest Crystalline Gold Leaf, Murphys, California
- America's Most Photographed Tree, Pebble Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Totem Pole East of the Rockies, Abingdon, Illinois
- Wolf People - Hang Out With Wolves, Cocolalla, Idaho
- Ten Commandments Monument, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Yakov Smirnoff Theatre, Branson, Missouri
- Lenin Statue, Seattle, Washington