Jacumba, California: Gravity Hill
Defying the laws of gravity and common sense, vehicles appear to roll backwards up a hill. Try at your own risk!
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Gravity Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were amazed, it's so freaky to roll "uphill!" Well worth pulling off if you are passing by. It's literally the off-ramp itself. Pause on the westbound side of the exit, put it in neutral and roll. [Joanie Berkwitz, 02/02/2015]
In addition to the Desert View Tower and rock art formations located in Jacumba, there is a "gravity hill" similar to the one in La Jolla, California. In Ko Pah Road, the side road which leads you into the tower, has the ability to roll your car uphill. This phenomenon located on Devil's Canyon. Try it with your car in neutral, water, balls, whatever and you'll be left in amazement!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
February 27, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Great Mouse Invasion - West Kern Oil Museum, Taft, California
- Tommy's Joynt, San Francisco, California
- Ghost Town and Freak Lamb, Bishop, California
- Rattlesnake Sculpture, Jacumba, California
- Boulevard of Historic Surfboard Silhouettes, Imperial Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Bowling Pin, Tampa, Florida
- USS Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
- Convict Cowboy!, McAlester, Oklahoma
- Longhorn Barrel Head, Okemah, Oklahoma
- The Surviving Mother: A Sad Mom-ument, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips