Jacumba, California: Gravity Hill
Defying the laws of gravity and common sense, vehicles appear to roll backwards up a hill. Try at your own risk!
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Gravity Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were amazed, it's so freaky to roll "uphill!" Well worth pulling off if you are passing by. It's literally the off-ramp itself. Pause on the westbound side of the exit, put it in neutral and roll. [Joanie Berkwitz, 02/02/2015]
In addition to the Desert View Tower and rock art formations located in Jacumba, there is a "gravity hill" similar to the one in La Jolla, California. In Ko Pah Road, the side road which leads you into the tower, has the ability to roll your car uphill. This phenomenon located on Devil's Canyon. Try it with your car in neutral, water, balls, whatever and you'll be left in amazement!
March 22, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Diorama Museum of Bhagavad-gita, Los Angeles, California
- Storyland - Child-Free Adults Unwelcome, Fresno, California
- Glory Hole - Monticello Dam Drain, Napa, California
- Large Statue of Pope John Paul II, Duarte, California
- Madera Zoo Site, Stuffed Polly, Madera, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington