Jacumba, California: Gravity Hill
Defying the laws of gravity and common sense, vehicles appear to roll backwards up a hill. Try at your own risk!
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Gravity Hill
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were amazed, it's so freaky to roll "uphill!" Well worth pulling off if you are passing by. It's literally the off-ramp itself. Pause on the westbound side of the exit, put it in neutral and roll. [Joanie Berkwitz, 02/02/2015]
In addition to the Desert View Tower and rock art formations located in Jacumba, there is a "gravity hill" similar to the one in La Jolla, California. In Ko Pah Road, the side road which leads you into the tower, has the ability to roll your car uphill. This phenomenon located on Devil's Canyon. Try it with your car in neutral, water, balls, whatever and you'll be left in amazement!
April 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California
- Memorial to America's Worst School Bus Accident, Martinez, California
- Wind Organ and Sonic Sculptures, San Mateo, California
- Building Shaped Like a Whiskey Barrel, North Hollywood, California
- Chew Mail Pouch Tobacco Barn, Merced, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Old Mill Park - Concrete Wood, North Little Rock, Arkansas