Shandon, California: Wine Fountain
Much better when it seemed to gush pinot noir, but a grape-shaped fountain is still noteworthy.
- Hwy 41/46, Shandon, CA
- 18 miles east of Paso Robles, on Highway 41 at McMillan Canyon Rd. A few miles further east is the famous James Dean memorial.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Wine Fountain
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Pretty neat, but nothing nearby for a quick, easy stop. If you get a chance, take side streets if heading to the 101, lots of cute houses and wineries.
Eighteen miles east of Paso Robles, CA is this fountain just off Highway 41. Back in early 2005 the two-story fountain spouted purple water, but now has just clear water. Paso Robles has a lot of wine tasting rooms, but not at this location. I have never been able to figure out why the fountain was built here. Although it is adjacent to many acres of grape vines, there are no public facilities.
[Darrell Dennis, 09/20/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 18, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour, Fairfield, California
- The Indian Warrior, Bakersfield, California
- WCTU Fountain, Ontario, California
- San Francisco Fire Department Museum, San Francisco, California
- Noah Purifoy Outdoor Desert Art Museum, Joshua Tree, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb, P. T. Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Lorraine Motel, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pirate Ship, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips