Pipestone, Minnesota: Big Peace PipeSized for goliaths to settle their differences. Next to the Keepers of the Sacred Tradition of Pipemakers Store. Try saying that while smoking a peace pipe.
Keepers of the Sacred Tradition of Pipemakers Store
- 400 N. Hiawatha Ave., Pipestone, MN
- Keepers of the Sacred Tradition of Pipemakers Store. North edge of town, next to the former Rock Island Railroad Depot. At the corner of 4th St. and Hiawatha Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Peace Pipe
A Large Peace Pipe is located in Pipestone, MN, next to the Keepers of the Sacred Tradition of Pipemakers Store, which is located in the Former Rock Island Railroad Depot. The pipestone area was noted for its rock used by Native Americans for pipe making.[Shane Delaney, 08/15/2006]
The town's slogan is "Home of the Red Stone Pipe," and the National Parks Service maintains the nearby Pipestone National Monument at the ancestral quarries.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- The Old Stone Face, Pipestone, MN - < 1 mi.
- Antique Windmills of Earth, Jasper, MN - 10 mi.
- Relics of a Mad Elephant, Elkton, SD - 18 mi.
- Collapsed "In God We Trust" Water Tank Tornado Memorial, Chandler, MN - 19 mi.