Bailey, Colorado: Coney Island Hot Dog-shaped DinerRare example of programmatic architecture in the Rocky Mountains. Experience the thrill of eating a wiener cooked inside a building resembling one.
Visitor Tips and News About Coney Island Hot Dog-shaped Diner
The giant hot dog in Conifer (actually it is in Aspen Park, CO) is for sale! A mere $1,000,000 and it is yours![Mike Manning, 03/22/1999]
Photo by George Westfall, on a summer 2000 outing. Compare with the miniature replica in Tiny Town up the road.
Greg McQueen, an authority on the Iron Butt Rally and endurance motorcycling, reports a "giant Hot Dog in Conifer CO. Right on U S Hwy 285."[01/04/1997]
Coney Island Hot Dog-shaped Diner
- 10 Old Stagecoach Rd, Bailey, CO
- Formerly in Aspen Park, now just west of Bailey along US 285, right by the North Fork of the South Platte River.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- 55-Foot-Tall Jesus, Grant, CO - 8 mi.
- Steve Canyon Statue, Idaho Springs, CO - 23 mi.
- The Face on the Bar Room Floor, Central City, CO - 27 mi.
- In the region: Forney Transportation Museum: Amelia Earhart's Car, Denver, CO - 38 mi.