Lake Elsinore, California: Muffler Car Parts Family (Gone)
- From L.A. area, go east to the 15 freeway and continue south. Exit freeway at Diamond Drive, Lake Elsinore, and turn left onto Mission Trail. Make a right onto Corydon Road (you are traveling around the perimeter of the lake) and turn right when it ends at Grand Avenue. Approximately 1 mile ahead, on the left side, reside our Muffler Folks next to a huge California pepper tree. G & R Mufflers.
- Reported gone July 2009.
Visitor Tips and News About Muffler Car Parts Family (Gone)
The Muffler Family is gone. The business has changed hands. The name of the business is Gomez Test Smog Only.[Jeffery Harmon, 07/11/2009]
The Muffler Family in Lake Elsinore, CA, has grown recently, with a new figure - a Golfer! I always enjoy viewing the muffler family when I drive by to visit my friends on this side of the lake. Recently, our local paper, "The Press-Enterprise" did a great story on this famous muffler family, including how they are inspired in their muffler creations, and included some nice pictures. The business has figures that are on the roof all the time, and bring out the "rest of the family" during the day to sit out in front for all to appreciate![Ann, 08/09/1999]
To find the famed "Lake Elsinore Muffler Family" -- consisting of several muffler persons AND a dog -- follow these directions:[Cathy Loper, 02/01/1997]
Originally reported as Muffler Men, the latest evidence indicates the Lake Elsinore sighting is of a grouping of "muffler art" -- figures made from welded-together mufflers and auto parts.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Apple Boulders, Perris, CA - 7 mi.
- Orange Empire Railway Museum, Perris, CA - 11 mi.
- Vietnam War Dog Memorial, Riverside, CA - 18 mi.
- Two Years Before the Mast - Dana's Sailing Brig Pilgrim, Dana Point, CA - 25 mi.