New Albany, Ohio: Globe in Hands Headstone
The Earth. Two giant hands. An unusual tombstone. The globe looks like the battered surface of the moon -- or a planet before refinement by an immense artistic being.
- Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd, New Albany, OH
- Maplewood Cemetery, on the west side of OH-605 (Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road), approximately a 1/2 mile south of OH-161, in New Albany, Ohio (Plain Township, Franklin County). Visible from the highway.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Globe In Hands Headstone
Visitor Tips and News About Globe in Hands Headstone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Definitely off the beaten path, but I'm glad we took the detour. You can see it from the road, but you must drive into the cemetery to see it up close. Scripture verse carved in stone at the base to remind you "He's got the whole world in His hands." [Gloria Z, 06/30/2013]
Globe in Hands Headstone
This is one of the most unique headstones I have ever seen. I made a wrong turn the other day and found it. A complete stone world being held up by two hands. This thing was huge.
[Mark Richards, 01/06/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 9, 2013
Ohio Latest Tips and Stories
- Texaco Big Friend - Waving Variant, Oakwood Village, Ohio
- Feature: Kennedy Assassination Air Force One, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
- Dr. John Harris Dental Museum, Bainbridge, Ohio
- Big Cowboy, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio Fallen Heroes Memorial, Sunbury, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips