Cleveland, Ohio Attractions
Unusual landmarks, museums, roadside attractions, and hidden wonders in Cleveland and the surrounding area. The birthplaces of Superman and Rock and Roll are both tourist destinations in Cleveland. But the city also has a fertile supply of quirky museums, odd public art, and the tomb of an assassinated President.
Sights for Oddball Excursions
Exterior set for the holiday movie is a fan pilgrim site and museum.
Makeup artist Lou McClung turned an old church into a sanctuary for unwanted Catholic sculptures.
A cheater car won the national Soap Box Derby, until it was disqualified. One of hundreds displayed at the Soap Box Derby Hall of Fame and Museum.
Bronze little dog cupped in a full-size helmet atop a granite base. Smoky, the "Yorkie Doodle Dandy," was found in a foxhole and became "the most famous dog of World War II" for her exploits.
See where the bullets were fired at Kent State's students, and the parking spaces where four of them died. Spend time in the Visitor Center to try to make sense of it all.
In and Around Cleveland
Choice field reports and tips. Or check out: Complete list of Ohio attractions.
- Kent: Site of the Kent State Massacre
- Lakewood: Museum of Divine Statues
- Cleveland: Christmas Story House
- Cleveland: Cleveland Police Museum [tips]
- Cleveland: Lincoln Gives Gun to a Slave [tips]
- Cleveland: World's Largest Rubber Stamp
- Cleveland: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum [tips]
- Cleveland: The Guardians of Transportation [tips]
- Cleveland: USS Cod Submarine [tips]
- Cleveland: World's Largest Outdoor Chandelier [tips]
- Cleveland: The Politician - A Toy
- Cleveland: Cancer Survivors Plaza [tips]
- Cleveland: Bombed Thinker [tips]
- Cleveland: History of Contraception Collection [tips]
- Cleveland: Shoe Tree [tips]
- Cleveland: Art and Soul of Buckeye Park [tips]
- Cleveland: President James Garfield Castle, Other Graves [tips]
- Cleveland: Jukebox Tombstone of Alan Freed [tips]
- Cleveland: Birthplace of Superman - Joe Shuster's House
- Cleveland: Haserot Angel of Death Victorious [tips]
- Cleveland: Birthplace of Superman - Jerry Siegel's House