Casco, Maine: Presidents Signpost
Helpful arrows on one signpost point in the direction of, and give the distances to, every Maine town named for a U.S. President.
- 1 Leach Hill Rd, Casco, ME
- In town, on the corner of Hwy 121 and Leach Hill Rd. The sign faces north. Around two miles north of the intersection of Hwys 121 and 11 at Pike Corner.
Visitor Tips and News About Presidents Signpost
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a sign in the same spirit as the sign listing foreign place names. This sign lists places in Maine named for presidents. It starts with Washington, Jefferson, etc., skips over about 100 years worth and suddenly at the bottom is CLINTON.
The catch with this sign is that it can only be seen while southbound. It's at the south edge of the town square (or triangle, really). From Rte. 302 in Raymond (about 25 miles NW of Portland), head north on Rte. 121, cross over Rte. 11 at the blinking light where there's a gas station with a Cadillac parked out back, continue about 3-5 miles to the next town square/triangle, then turn around and you'll see the sign.
[Rob Duchesneau, 07/30/2000]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- The Swinging Bridge, Brunswick, Maine
- Mainer C. Lobster and Fisherman, Woolwich, Maine
- Perry's Nut House, Belfast, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Beatles/Classic Rock Ice Cream Shoppe, Pacific Grove, California
- Metrobot, Cincinnati, Ohio
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Hapeville, Georgia
- Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard, Chehalis, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips