Rumford, Maine: Babe the Blue Ox (Gone)
Paul Bunyan's sidekick Babe the Blue Ox stands in front of a chain drug store.
- Southeast side of town, on the northwest corner of Congress and Portland Sts, in front of the Rite Aid.
- Sept. 2013: Reported gone.
Visitor Tips and News About Babe the Blue Ox
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan now has a companion! The Economic Development Committee recently added a fiberglass statue of Babe, the Blue Ox, at the top of Congress Street, about half a mile from Paul's location near the info center.
[Amy Chapman, 11/08/2009]
September 4, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Monster of Unfathomable Pedigree, Bath, Maine
- Lobstermobile, Bath, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Prospect, Maine
- Pickering Square Squeak, Bangor, Maine
- Perry's Nut House, Belfast, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Barnacopia Agricultural Museum, Polo, Illinois
- Civil War Tails at the Homestead Museum, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- 22-Foot-Tall Transformer, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Custer, South Dakota