Rumford, Maine: Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan's sidekick Babe the Blue Ox stands next to the mighty tree-chopper.
- 6 Bridge St., Rumford, ME
- On the south side of US Hwy 2/Bridge St. at the south entrance to town and just west of the bridge.
Visitor Tips and News About Babe the Blue Ox
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan now has a companion! The Economic Development Committee recently added a fiberglass statue of Babe, the Blue Ox, at the top of Congress Street, about half a mile from Paul's location near the info center.
[Amy Chapman, 11/08/2009]
February 10, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- World Traveler Sign, Lynchville, Maine
- Feature: Wild Blueberry Land: World's Largest Blueberry, Columbia Falls, Maine
- International Cryptozoology Museum, Portland, Maine
- Rooftop Elephant, Belfast, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Fort Knox Tunnels, Prospect, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma