Rumford, Maine: Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan's sidekick Babe the Blue Ox stands next to the mighty tree-chopper.
- 6 Bridge St., Rumford, ME
- On the south side of US Hwy 2/Bridge St. at the south entrance to town and just west of the bridge.
Visitor Tips and News About Babe the Blue Ox
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan now has a companion! The Economic Development Committee recently added a fiberglass statue of Babe, the Blue Ox, at the top of Congress Street, about half a mile from Paul's location near the info center.
[Amy Chapman, 11/08/2009]
March 27, 2017
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Stanley Museum: Steam Cars, Kingfield, Maine
- Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- B-52 Crash Wreckage and Memorial, Greenville, Maine
- Director John Ford Statue, Portland, Maine
- Cheese Shop Shaped Like Cheese, Wells, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois