Rumford, Maine: Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan's sidekick Babe the Blue Ox stands next to the mighty tree-chopper.
- 6 Bridge St., Rumford, ME
- On the south side of US Hwy 2/Bridge St. at the south entrance to town and just west of the bridge.
Visitor Tips and News About Babe the Blue Ox
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan now has a companion! The Economic Development Committee recently added a fiberglass statue of Babe, the Blue Ox, at the top of Congress Street, about half a mile from Paul's location near the info center.
[Amy Chapman, 11/08/2009]
September 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Cheese Shop Shaped Like Cheese, Wells, Maine
- 45th Parallel Gift Shop, Perry, Maine
- Dragon and Slayer, St. George, Maine
- Solar System Model, Presque Isle, Maine
- Giant Lobster Attacking Boat, Hancock, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Moon Winx Sign, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Large Penny-Farthing Bicycle, Calhan, Colorado
- Southfork Ranch, Parker, Texas
- Blue Angel on a Stick, Pensacola, Florida
- Woolly Mammoth and Hunter, Horicon, Wisconsin