Rumford, Maine: Babe the Blue Ox (Gone)
Paul Bunyan's sidekick Babe the Blue Ox stands in front of a chain drug store.
- Southeast side of town, on the northwest corner of Congress and Portland Sts, in front of the Rite Aid.
- Sept. 2013: Reported gone.
Visitor Tips and News About Babe the Blue Ox
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Babe the Blue Ox
Paul Bunyan now has a companion! The Economic Development Committee recently added a fiberglass statue of Babe, the Blue Ox, at the top of Congress Street, about half a mile from Paul's location near the info center.
[Amy Chapman, 11/08/2009]
July 6, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Perry's Nut House, Belfast, Maine
- Scrap Metal Dragons, Blue Moose, Union, Maine
- International Cryptozoology Museum, Portland, Maine
- Uncle Donald's Pig Farm, Limerick, Maine
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Hollow Earth Monument, Hamilton, Ohio
- Missile Park, Altus, Oklahoma
- Stone Face Rock with Nonoffensive Name, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Big Indian: Chief Touch the Clouds, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Hubcap Pyramid, Mays Landing, New Jersey