Coolville, Ohio: Ohio's Smallest ChurchEven if you don't like church, its hard to resist a tiny one in a town named Coolville.
- County Road 63, Coolville, OH
- Ohio's Smallest Church is across the street from an Ohio rest stop. It is just off of US Route 50 between Athens, Ohio and Belpre, Ohio on county road 63, east of Coolville.
- Donations accepted.
Visitor Tips and News About Ohio's Smallest Church
The kitschy religious decor and entertaining guest book ("find the $20 I hid in the bible!," "Jesus help me and Brittany be friends 4 ever!") were gone this time when we dropped by. A hole burrowed in the wall under the light switch contained homemade crosses and scraps of paper with prayers, however Ill-advised and fire-hazardy that might be.[Kitsa, 06/20/2012]
It was cute and so small and came with a 90 minute free DVD of Rev. Bob preaching from October, 2009.[Angela & Matt, 02/12/2010]
Real church - a place of worship. Not sure if any services are held. Small building has lighting, pews, guest registry, donation box. Open always.
On the rainy day we stopped the door was slightly difficult to open. We thought it was locked. But another "tourist" leaving stated the door was sticky and to give it a push.[Michael Kenefick, 06/15/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Muffler Man, Parkersburg, WV - 11 mi.
- VP Aaron Burr's Death Mask: Seditionist Island Utopia, Parkersburg, WV - 11 mi.
- Oil and Gas Museum, Parkersburg, WV - 11 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Washboard and Festival, Logan, OH - 41 mi.