Transylvania, Louisiana: Bat Water Tower of Transylvania
The village of Transylvania has adopted a black bat as its civic symbol, and a big one is painted on the tallest thing in town.
- US Hwy 65, Transylvania, LA
- I-20 exit 171. Drive north on US Hwy 65 for 21 miles. The water tower stands next to the road, on the right.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Bat Water Tower of Transylvania
Visitor Tips and News About Bat Water Tower of Transylvania
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cool little town. Would like to explore the old and abandoned elementary school across from tower. [Cara, 06/07/2014]
Transylvania General Store
While passing through the state of Louisiana we saw the water tower and there is also a general store. It only has some cheap magnets for mementos.
Bat Water Tower
My wife and I drove through this sleepy Louisiana town on vacation in August. We were pleased to see that the locals embraced their interesting name, topped by the water tower complete with a bat. [Steve Cook, 10/09/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Shot Here: See the Bullet Hole, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long's Towering Tombstone, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Feature: Abita Mystery House, Abita Springs, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Reiff's Front Lawn Gas Station, Woodland, California
- White Cliffs of Conoy, Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
- Calgary Tower: Glass Floor, Calgary, Alberta
- Shrine Of Our Lady Of Good Help, New Franken, Wisconsin
- Two-headed Calf, Boise, Idaho
Latest Visitor Tips