LaPlace, Louisiana: Frostop Root Beer - Rotating Neon Mug
Foamy mug of Frostop Root Beer moves and glows. How can you not pull over?
- 411 E. Airline Hwy, LaPlace, LA
- I-10 exit 209. East side of town. On the north side of US Hwy 61/E. Airline Hwy about a quarter-mile east of Main St./US Hwy 51.
- M-Sa 11 am - 6 pm. Closed Su. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Frostop Root Beer - Rotating Neon Mug
Visitor Tips and News About Frostop Root Beer - Rotating Neon Mug
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Frostop Root Beer mug's skin, which was made of sheet metal, was replaced with aluminum in 2007. The mug's original handle and fiberglass head of foam were saved and reused. The new graphics were painted on and then the neon lights were restored.
[Terry Toler, 08/24/2008]
Frostop Drive-In - Rotating Neon Mug
LaPlace Frostop is located 30 miles from New Orleans. The mug has four colors of neon and still rotates. The building was built in 1958 and remodeled in 1981 and 1996. They are the home of the Lot-O-Burger and homemade root beer in a frozen mug.
[Terry Toler, 05/14/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Frostop Giant Mug, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Dr. Charles Smith African-American Heritage Museum, Hammond, Louisiana
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Animatronic Swamp Puppet Show, Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard of Oz Garden, Mapleton, Illinois
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips