LaPlace, Louisiana: Frostop Root Beer - Rotating Neon MugFoamy mug of Frostop Root Beer moves and glows. How can you not pull over?
- 411 E. Airline Hwy, LaPlace, LA
- I-10 exit 209. East side of town. On the north side of US Hwy 61/E. Airline Hwy about a quarter-mile east of Main St./US Hwy 51.
- M-Sa 11 am - 6 pm. Closed Su. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Frostop Root Beer - Rotating Neon Mug
The Frostop Root Beer mug's skin, which was made of sheet metal, was replaced with aluminum in 2007. The mug's original handle and fiberglass head of foam were saved and reused. The new graphics were painted on and then the neon lights were restored.[Terry Toler, 08/24/2008]
LaPlace Frostop is located 30 miles from New Orleans. The mug has four colors of neon and still rotates. The building was built in 1958 and remodeled in 1981 and 1996. They are the home of the Lot-O-Burger and homemade root beer in a frozen mug.[Terry Toler, 05/14/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of Hitler's Horse, Zachary Taylor's Bathtub, St. Rose, LA - 13 mi.
- Big Fish with Viewing Bench, Des Allemands, LA - 18 mi.
- Zam's Swamp Tours, Thibodaux, LA - 15 mi.
- In the region: Dr. Charles Smith African-American Heritage Museum, Hammond, LA - 30 mi.