Kansas City, Kansas: Sculpture of Iron
A large, old-fashioned non-electric iron for pressing clothes, just sitting in the grass.
- Wilson Blvd, Kansas City, KS
- I-70 exit 420A. Drive north on S. 18th St. for a half-mile. Turn right onto Wilson Blvd. Drive east three blocks. The iron will be in a small grassy triangle on the left, where Wilson Blvd joins Central Ave.
Sculpture of Iron
Visitor Tips and News About Sculpture of Iron
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Old fashioned Iron statue - large IRON sculpture, literally! This is a little "park" located on the triangle where a "cockeyed" road (Wilson Blvd) meets a straight one (OLD HWY 32 or Central Ave). Located here is a strange statue (for lack of a better word.
While you are there, look across the street at the beautiful former fire station. Take special notice of the gargoyles in the upper corners.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Fire Hydrant Garden, Topeka, Kansas
- Tow Mater's New Neighbors, Galena, Kansas
- All Veterans Memorial, Emporia, Kansas
- Giant Coca-Cola Can, Emporia, Kansas
- 1,260 Lb. Salt Block and Discovery Well, South Hutchinson, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips