Culver City, California: Hobbit House
Disney artist Lawrence Joseph built his residence from 1946 to 1970. It has been declared a Historic-Cultural landmark (No. 624) in the "Storybook Style."
- 3819 Dunn Dr., Culver City, CA
- Just west of Brotman Medical Center. On Dunn Drive, between Venice Blvd and Washington Blvd. Area built up around it, but it's there.
- Private home. Visible from street.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Hobbit House
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There are a cluster of these little hobbit houses together, surrounded by ponds that have living turtles. They are apartments now, but still retain the old world charm intended by the designer. When I went there it was possible to walk up the driveway between the buildings and up to one of the ponds.
[Nikki Kreuzer, 11/16/2012]
This is the house Alicia Silverstone walked by in the movie "Clueless" ~ the story of Mr. Hall, teacher at Beverly Hills High School.
[Donna Peacher, 07/01/2010]
The Hobbit House [is still visible from the street].
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 25, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Bar Covered with Pennies - Penny Bar, McKittrick, California
- Top Gun House, Oceanside, California
- Granite Sculpture of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach, California
- Westernmost 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial, Union City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips