Mount Vernon, Illinois: Road Sign Art
Municipal West Building
- 200 Potomac Blvd, Mount Vernon, IL
- Going south on I-57 take Exit 95 and turn right onto E IL HWY 15 then almost immediately turn right onto Potomac Blvd. The sculpture is in front of the Municipal West Building at 200 Potomac Blvd.
A jumble of highway signs and one traffic light, presented as outdoor art. It might be a statement about the stress of modern road travel. Or maybe not. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/12/2012]
Visitor Tips and News About Road Sign Art
Great stop as it's right off I-64 -- and you can also see the Washington Monument replica while you're at it![Rebecca Ferguson, 05/25/2010]
I found this intriguing piece of art while looking for the miniature replica of the Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon. Turns out they are about 200 feet apart from each other. It is a sculpture of sorts made up of various road signs. It's a perfect representation of how many of us feel while sometimes getting lost looking for that highly prized roadside attraction.
It right off the road at the north end of the Municipal West Building's parking lot right on Potomac Blvd.[Chris Kee, 07/28/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Miniature Washington Monument Replica, Mount Vernon, IL - < 1 mi.
- Pose with Stovepipe Hat Abe, Mount Vernon, IL - 3 mi.
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, IL - 3 mi.
- In the region: Charlie Birger Gallows and George Harrison Artifacts, Benton, IL - 22 mi.