Patterson, Louisiana: Phantom F4, Racing Airplane Collection
Phantom F4 in take-off pose advertises the Louisiana State Museum's collection of racing airplanes from the 1930s. Museum exhibits tell the story of the cypress logging industry.
Louisiana State Museum
- 118 Cotten Rd, Patterson, LA
- Louisiana State Museum, SE side of town on US Hwy 90.
- Tu-Sa 9 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Phantom F4, Racing Airplane Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Louisiana State Museum displays lots of old racing planes and trophies.
[Allessandria Polizzi, 07/06/2012]
As you're buzzing down US 90 in Patterson, LA, glance out the window and you'll spot a Phantom F4 that looks to be taking off. This is outside the Louisiana State Museum in Patterson. It has an incredible collection of racing airplanes from the 1930s. The other side of the museum is about the cypress logging industry that provided the $$$$ so they could build racing planes. Definitely worth a look if you're in the area.
[Phrank Phester, 01/01/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 20, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Mike the Tiger, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Oldest Bar in the the US, New Orleans, Louisiana
- First Bowie Knife, Marksville, Louisiana
- Cemetery Chapel with Hands and Feet, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips