Patterson, Louisiana: Phantom F4, Racing Airplane CollectionPhantom F4 in take-off pose advertises the Louisiana State Museum's collection of racing airplanes from the 1930s. Museum exhibits tell the story of the cypress logging industry.
Louisiana State Museum
- 118 Cotten Rd, Patterson, LA
- Louisiana State Museum, SE side of town on US Hwy 90.
- Tu-Sa 9 am - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Phantom F4, Racing Airplane Collection
The Louisiana State Museum displays lots of old racing planes and trophies.[Allessandria Polizzi, 07/06/2012]
As you're buzzing down US 90 in Patterson, LA, glance out the window and you'll spot a Phantom F4 that looks to be taking off. This is outside the Louisiana State Museum in Patterson. It has an incredible collection of racing airplanes from the 1930s. The other side of the museum is about the cypress logging industry that provided the $$$$ so they could build racing planes. Definitely worth a look if you're in the area.[Phrank Phester, 01/01/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Cajun Jack's Swamp Tours, Patterson, LA - < 1 mi.
- Famous Oil Rig Open For Tours, Morgan City, LA - 5 mi.
- Wildlife Gardens - Feed Alligators From Your Porch, Gibson, LA - 22 mi.
- In the region: Big Fish with Viewing Bench, Des Allemands, LA - 48 mi.