Haughton, Louisiana: Touchstone Wildlife Museum
Lots of dead animals, posed as if alive, fill a two-story museum on the eastern outskirts of Shreveport.
- 3386 Hwy 80, Haughton, LA
- One mile east of Bellevue Rd in Red Chute on the south side of US Hwy 80\79. Or -- I-20 exit 33. Drive north on Hwy 157 for one mile. Turn left (west) onto US Hwy 80\79. Drive 4.5 miles. On the left.
- T-Sa 9-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $2.50
Touchstone Wildlife Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Touchstone Wildlife Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There are museums, then there are wildlife museums -- then there is the Touchstone Wildlife Museum. It has over 1,000 mounts on two floors: large and small animals, birds of all kinds, and reptiles. They are all neatly displayed behind glass enclosures, well described and documented. Absolutely awesome. It takes a couple of hours to completely tour it. Cameras welcome. The only other place I know of that is remotely close to this is Cabelas in Kansas City.
[Gerald R Massey, 07/31/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 28, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Abita Mystery House, Abita Springs, Louisiana
- Mardi Gras Museum of Imperial Calcasieu, Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Frostop Giant Mug, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Dr. Charles Smith African-American Heritage Museum, Hammond, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
- Grave of a Gypsy Queen, Evansville, Indiana
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
- Popeye Statue, Springdale, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips