Elmwood, Wisconsin: UFO Capital of Wisconsin
There was once talk of building a "UFO Landing Strip" in Elmwood as an attraction -- the sightings were that numerous. A cluster of little saucers stand near Sailer's Food Market.
- 600 W Winter Ave., Elmwood, WI
- Roughly midway between Minneapolis and Eau Claire, and around ten miles south of I-94 exit 28. Sailer's Meats has some UFOs in their parking lot.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Aliens at the UFO Capital
Visitor Tips and News About UFO Capital of Wisconsin
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
At Sailer's Meats on the west edge of town, there is a cluster of UFOs in the parking lot. Each one is maybe 4-5 feet high and 4-5 feet wide, with some aliens lingering nearby. Apparently related to Elmwood's status as the UFO sighting capital of the state, the UFO's are well-constructed, the aliens are funny-looking.
[Mitch P., 10/26/2010]
UFO Capital of Wisconsin
Humans and aliens alike may stop at UFO Days, July 28-30, 2001, in Elmwood. The town is the home of several reported UFO sightings since the 1970s and embraces its otherworldly connection with numerous events, including a parade with "extraterrestrial" guests.
[Jennifer Schmitt, 05/18/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Crystal Cave, Spring Valley, WI - 6 mi.
- Rocket Tribute to Moon Mission, Spring Valley, WI - 6 mi.
- Devil's Punchbowl, Menomonie, WI - 11 mi.
- In the region: Vikings, Beach Dude, Gorilla,, Hampton, MN - 44 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Tractor On A Stick, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- World of Accordions Museum, Superior, Wisconsin
- Melvin the Pointing Mouse, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- Ojibwa Indian Head, Hayward, Wisconsin
- Taxidermy, 2-Headed Calf, JFK Urinal, Spooner, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Yellow Submarine, Hobart, Washington
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Lizard Butte, Marsing, Idaho
Latest Visitor Tips