Franklin, Ohio: Poland China Hog MonumentDespite its name, the Poland China hog was first bred in Franklin, Ohio.
- 3899 Dixie Hwy., Franklin, OH
- I-75 exit 32 (Middletown). Turn west onto Hwy 122/Roosevelt Blvd. Drive past the Towne Mall and then turn right onto Hwy 25/Dixie Hwy. Drive north. The monument stands just off of the southbound side of the road just before the second traffic light (Towne Blvd).
Visitor Tips and News About Poland China Hog Monument
The monument is just before the Towne Blvd light now, on the left if you have turned on to Dixie Highway from 122.[Callie M., 06/22/2012]
On old Dixie Highway (Route 25) across from the Towne Mall entrance there is a monument to the Poland China pig that was first bred on a farm that was where the mall now is situated. The monument was moved to its present site in 1976 when the mall was opened.[P. Tim Martindell, 06/17/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Hug Me Jesus, Monroe, OH - 3 mi.
- Cowboy Muffler Man, Monroe, OH - 4 mi.
- Anatomically-Correct Horses and Too Many Giraffes, Monroe, OH - 4 mi.
- In the region: Notre Dame Cathedral Replica, Big Stained Glass Window, Covington, KY - 31 mi.