Coarsegold, California: Gabby the Wooden Gold Miner
A colorfully-painted carved wooden gold miner, holding aloft a lump of gold, stands next to a highway entering an old gold-mining town. Carved by Miles Tucker in the 1990s.
- 35814 Hwy 41, Coarsegold, CA
- North edge of town, on the southbound side of Hwy 41, in front of the empty Broken Bit restaurant.
Visitor Tips and News About Gabby the Wooden Gold Miner
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Gnome Gold Miner
When entering the town of Coarsegold from the North on Highway 41, a large gnome (depicted as a gold miner) greets you. [Sarah S, 06/23/2013]
April 28, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Pet Haven: Dead Pets of the Stars, Desert Hot Springs, California
- Robo Lights Sculpture Garden, Palm Springs, California
- Wayfarer's Chapel: The Glass Church, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Stainless Steel Drowned Lifeguard, Newport Beach, California
- Piano Staircase, Hollywood, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Chairy Orchard, Denton, Texas
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Giant Purple Face of Prince, Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Holmeson, New Jersey
- Vietnam Memorial, Mineral Wells, Texas