Columbia, South Carolina: TunnelvisionA deceptively realistic tunnel entrance painted on the side of a building in 1976. The mural faces into a parking lot instead of a main thoroughfare, which has probably saved the lives of countless inattentive drivers.
- 1550 Marion St., Columbia, SC
- Taylor and Marion Streets, just a few feet away from the Busted Plug.
Visitor Tips and News About Tunnelvision
This mural was amazing. It is located right behind the World's Largest Fire Hydrant, which doubled my excitement. It was so beautiful from a distance. There is a sunset in the mural, and the sun actually GLOWED. We visited it at night, so the sun was really shining. I have heard rumors that birds actually fly into the mural often, and I can believe it. It is very realistic looking.[Danielle, 01/16/2011]
The tunnel mural on the wall of the Federal Land Bank Building is very realistic. The bullet holes in the Yield sign and the rusty boltheads in the Yield sign and the One Way sign are nice touches.[Charlie Brown, 09/10/2006]
It's in the same parking lot as the giant fireplug. Drunks might swerve to avoid the hydrant and crash here!
A photo realist mural painted by artist Blue Sky on the wall of the Federal Land Bank Building. It is really neat to see and it is lit up at night. TOO BAD this is not a cartoon scene, because you can't drive through the tunnel! BEEP BEEP![A.B.Owens, 11/25/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Fire Hydrant, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- Neverbust Chain, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, SC - < 1 mi.
- In the region: World's Smallest Police Station, Ridgeway, SC - 21 mi.