Luray, Virginia: Luray Caverns
Classic show cave, with famous Fried Eggs formation and tunes played on the giant "Stalacpipe" Organ. Largest cave system in Eastern America, measured by airspace.
- 970 US Hwy 211 W., Luray, VA
- Just west of town, on the north side of US Hwy 211/340.
- Daily 9-5 (Call to verify)
- Adults $26.00
- RA Rates:
- Major Fun
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Luray Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Luray Caverns and Topiary Maze
I'm Steph, the "Big Things" photographer from Indiana. I recently visited Virginia for a Beetle car show, held at Luray Caverns, Virginia. They now have a cool topiary maze outside the caverns, as well as an antique car museum. And the caverns themselves were great, too.
[Steph Mineart, 11/22/2004]
Luray Caverns Celebrates "1 Inch Anniversary"
Things happen very slowly in the world of natural cave attractions. Luray Caverns in Luray, VA, opened 120 years ago.... [01/03/1998] Complete News Story
October 4, 2015
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Viking Muffler Man, Chincoteague, Virginia
- Brick Company 9/11 Memorial, Salem, Virginia
- Doofy Johnny Appleseed Statue, New Market, Virginia
- Viking Statue, Chincoteague, Virginia
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Galoop, Gallup, New Mexico
- Cave Of The Mounds, Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
- American Museum of Tort Law, Winsted, Connecticut
- Lake Placid Tower, Lake Placid, Florida