Farmington, Maine: Birthplace of Earmuffs
Farmington's annual parade -- the first Saturday in December -- has featured police cars with giant earmuffs clamped on them.
Giant earmuff arch proposed
Visitor Tips and News About Birthplace of Earmuffs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The inventor of Earmuffs grew up in Farmington, Maine, and residents are debating suitable ways to celebrate this unique claim to fame. Isn't their annual parade, accompanied by police cruisers festooned with giant earmuffs, enough? Apparently not.... [10/31/1999] Complete News Story
October 1, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- Cheese Shop Shaped Like Cheese, Wells, Maine
- 45th Parallel Gift Shop, Perry, Maine
- Dragon and Slayer, St. George, Maine
- Solar System Model, Presque Isle, Maine
- Giant Lobster Attacking Boat, Hancock, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii