Farmington, Maine: Birthplace of Earmuffs
Farmington's annual parade -- the first Saturday in December -- has featured police cars with giant earmuffs clamped on them.
Giant earmuff arch proposed
Visitor Tips and News About Birthplace of Earmuffs
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The inventor of Earmuffs grew up in Farmington, Maine, and residents are debating suitable ways to celebrate this unique claim to fame. Isn't their annual parade, accompanied by police cruisers festooned with giant earmuffs, enough? Apparently not.... [10/31/1999] Complete News Story
June 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maine Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine
- Underground Railroad Manhole, Brewer, Maine
- Wedding Cake House, Kennebunk, Maine
- International Cryptozoology Museum, Portland, Maine
- Easternmost Point in the U.S., Lubec, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Jennifer the Shark, Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Shoe Tree, Beatty, Nevada
- Bigfoot Trap, Applegate, Oregon
- Apple Dumpling UFO Docking and Teleportation Center, Cane Beds, Arizona
- Giant Longhorn and Early Oil Mural, Odessa, Texas