Wooden walkways ease your path around mysterious ice caves. The ice can be 12 feet thick in the Spring, but it's usually gone by August.
Polar Caves Park
- 705 Hwy 25, Rumney, NH
- I-93 exit 26. Hwy 25/Tenney Mountain Hwy west four miles. At the traffic circle, bear right and stay on Hwy 25. Polar Caves Park will be one mile on your left.
- May-Oct. daily 9 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Polar Caves
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We enjoyed Polar Caves! If you are pregnant, like I was at the time, you won't fit and will have to take some detours, but my husband and 10 year old daughter loved it so much they went around again while I waddled back to the front for the restroom. [Michelle, 10/16/2013]
Wear a sweater or sweatshirt. Gets chilly brrrrr.....
Includes exhibits of pheasants from around the world, regional ecological information, and winding wooden walkways that lead to small caves. One cave was closed for "ice removal" but we didn't see anything polar about the caves. Fun nonetheless. Great gift shop with sparkly unicorn paintings, etc.
[Alex K., 05/26/2002]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 27, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New Hampshire Latest Tips and Stories
- KFC-Taco Bell Graveyard, Somersworth, New Hampshire
- La Salette Shrine, Enfiel, New Hampshire
- Stairway to Nowhere, Chesterfield, New Hampshire
- Santa's Village, Jefferson, New Hampshire
- Giant Elvis Head, Londonderry, New Hampshire
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips