Bangor, Maine: Scroll and Shield from USS MaineBattleship bling dredged up from its 1898 sinking in Havana Harbor. Displayed on a life-size replica of the doomed ship's bow.
- 35 Cedar St., Bangor, ME
- Davenport Park. On the west side of Main St./US Hwy 1A, just north of Cedar St. and a block south of Hwy 222.
Visitor Tips and News About Scroll and Shield from USS Maine
Located just across the street from the homeless shelter. The park is clean. And easy to access from the highway.[Gretchen, 05/30/2013]
Relics of the American ship sunk in Havana Harbor in 1898. The Scroll and Shield are on a life-size replica of the USS Maine's bow.[Aaron Tomlinson, 06/13/2011]
Wrought iron scroll and shield from the bow of the USS Maine, recovered from Havana Harbor, Cuba. Now mounted on a granite monument in Davenport Park.[Bill Blinn, 03/13/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Pickering Square Squeak, Bangor, ME - < 1 mi.
- Paul Bunyan Statue and Birthplace, Bangor, ME - < 1 mi.
- Stephen King's House, Bangor, ME - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Fort Knox Tunnels, Prospect, ME - 16 mi.