Silverton, Oregon: Home of Bobbie the Wonder DogBobbie wanted to come home to Silverton so bad that he walked over 2,500 miles after his family lost him.
Visitor Tips and News About Home of Bobbie the Wonder Dog
The town recently installed a replica of the dog house given the Bobbie the Wonder Dog in 1924. They also have a mural and a statue dedicated this dog who found his way home across 7 states in 1923-1924.[Susan Stelljes, 03/28/2004]
Home of Bobbie the Wonder Dog
- 200 S. Water St., Silverton, OR
- The Bobbie mural, statue, and doghouse are downtown, on the west side of S. Water Street (Hwy 214) a block south of Main St. (Hwy 213). The Pet Parade mural is one block east and six blocks north, on the east side of N. 1st St. between B and C Sts.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Nearby Offbeat Places
- 45th Parallel Sign, Silverton, OR - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Pig Hairball: Mount Angel Abbey Museum, St. Benedict, OR - 4 mi.
- The Glockenspiel, Mount Angel, OR - 4 mi.
- In the region: Freakybuttrue Peculiarium and Museum, Portland, OR - 37 mi.