Grand Rapids, Michigan: Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
24 feet tall. Based on the sketches of Leonardo da Vinci, who never completed this bronze giant.
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- 1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. North of I-96 on East Beltline, between Bradford and Leonard Sts.
- M, W, Th, F, Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Tu 9 am - 9 pm, Su noon - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adult 14-64: $12, Senior 65 & older: $9, Students with ID: $9, Children 5
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
Visitor Tips and News About Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Da Vinci had the technology, but sadly, the bronze he needed was used to make cannons instead.
[Kate Metenosky, 03/31/2012]
Leonardo da Vinci's Horse
What Leonardo da Vinci could not finish four hundred years ago, is found now in no other than Grand Rapids, MI, at the Meijer Botanical Gardens. 24-feet tall, made of bronze, this modern stallion is sculpted from original notes of the master himself. Paid admission required.
[MC Lew, 10/10/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 2, 2015
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Bowling Ball Tree, Hulbert, Michigan
- Ford Rouge Factory Tour, Dearborn, Michigan
- Two-Story Outhouse, Cedar Lake, Michigan
- Pickle Barrel House Museum, Grand Marais, Michigan
- Allegan County Old Jail Museum, Allegan, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Collection of Autographed Baseballs, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Flea Market Mascot Big Cow, Savannah, Georgia
- Blue Angel Weather Vane, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cathedral of Junk, Austin, Texas
- Old Hardhide - Town Gator in a Cage, Ponchatoula, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips