Grand Rapids, Michigan: Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
24 feet tall. Based on the sketches of Leonardo da Vinci, who never completed this bronze giant.
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- 1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. North of I-96 on East Beltline, between Bradford and Leonard Sts.
- M, W, Th, F, Sa 9 am - 5 pm, Tu 9 am - 9 pm, Su noon - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
- Adult 14-64: $12, Senior 65 & older: $9, Students with ID: $9, Children 5
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
Visitor Tips and News About Leonardo da Vinci's Big Horse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Da Vinci had the technology, but sadly, the bronze he needed was used to make cannons instead.
[Kate Metenosky, 03/31/2012]
Leonardo da Vinci's Horse
What Leonardo da Vinci could not finish four hundred years ago, is found now in no other than Grand Rapids, MI, at the Meijer Botanical Gardens. 24-feet tall, made of bronze, this modern stallion is sculpted from original notes of the master himself. Paid admission required.
[MC Lew, 10/10/2004]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 29, 2014
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of the Model T, Detroit, Michigan
- Gilmore Car Museum (and Barns), Hickory Corners, Michigan
- Rusty the Dog, Holland, Michigan
- Cell Block 7 Museum, Jackson, Michigan
- Good Shepherd Scenic Gardens, Mancelona, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Warrior King Jesus on a White Stallion, Owatonna, Minnesota
- Longest Historic Covered Bridge in the USA, Medora, Indiana
- Sit with Giant Lincoln, Boise, Idaho
- Old Idaho Penitentiary, Boise, Idaho
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips