Seguin, Texas: World's Second Largest Mobile PecanA 10-foot-long fiberglass steel-framed "Desirable Pecan" stands on a truck frame with wheels, next to Pape's Pecan House.
Pape's Pecan House
- 101 S. Hwy. 123 Byp, Seguin, TX
- Pape's Pecan House, On the west edge of the city, at the corner of US 90 and the Hwy 123 bypass.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Second Largest Mobile Pecan
The huge mobile pecan sits outside of Pape Pecan House.[Lauren Meyers, 06/04/2013]
Big as it is, this nut was dethroned in 2011 by an even bigger local pecan-on-wheels.
This location was such a pleasure to visit. Wonderful employees that were so informative towards pecan history and fun facts. Recently Pape's Pecan House has opened a second location about 1.5 miles away that includes a Nutcracker Museum.[Monica McThreadgold, 01/26/2013]
A 10-ft. tall fiberglass steel-framed sculpture of a "Desirable Pecan" stands on a truck frame with wheels, next to the Pape Pecan House (www.papepecan.com). A sign at its base reads "Pape Pecan Co." Seguin is also home to the "World's Largest Pecan," which is now third largest in size. John Pape promotes his as the "World's Largest Mobile Pecan, " and built it three years ago so that it would be the world's largest. He didn't know about the one in Brunswick, Missouri (a story in today's San Antonio Express mentions roadsideamerica.com's coverage of the pecan battle).[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 02/08/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Oldest Largest Pecan, Seguin, TX - 1 mi.
- World's Largest Pecan, Seguin, TX - 4 mi.
- Bronze Beaver at World's Largest Convenience Store, New Braunfels, TX - 14 mi.
- In the region: Buckhorn Saloon and Museum, San Antonio, TX - 34 mi.