Road trip news, rants, and ruminations by the Editors of RoadsideAmerica.com
December 12, 2011
Just released: the latest update to the Roadside America App for iPhone, v1.5. We thought this would be a nice holiday bonus for iPhone users. Major improvements include the addition of Canada attractions, the reworking of where maps appear, and the end of “subscriptions.”
- Canada: All provinces added as a single region, and also part of the new “All Access” option. Current, unexpired subscribers to US Access are upgraded to All Access in v1.5 and get Canada for free.
- A la Carte Regions: Now 1-region users can purchase individual additional regions.
- Subscriptions Eliminated: Purchases in 1.5 won’t expire.
- Maps: Now accessible from any list view, showing the attractions in that list.
- Sunset Alert: Can be set to repeat daily. This alert type and Tourist Interruptus no longer require an active network connection.
We also performed a number of fixes and tweaks, such as pull-to-refresh a list, and metric support for devices set to metric.
Roadside America 1.5 for iPhone is available on the App Store.
Discussion is closed.
- East Coast Cicadas: Attractions They Couldn’t See In 1996
- Gotta See ‘Em All: Pursuing America’s Giants
- Two Gallows, One Beatle: Good Times At The Old Jail
- Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)