Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Park in the gravel patch across the street for easy photos.[Kellie Parker, 04/10/2010]
- 1804 Arena Way, Sacramento, CA
- Off I-5 freeway at the Truxel Road Exit in the Natomas area of Sacramento. Arena Way at Gateway Park Blvd.
Located on the south east corner of Arena Way and Gateway Park Blvd is a giant 3 story coke cup with a straw. At least it's Classic Coke! Evidently this is a Coca Cola bottling plant or distribution center. It is the only building in this area of any distinction.
Can be seen 24 hours a day from the street and is illuminated at night[Phil Pasquini, 11/20/2008]
- Sacramento, California - Delta King Riverboat
An authentic 285-foot riverboat from 1927. And in the early '80s it was sunk for 18 months until someone rescued it and brought it to Old Sacramento. It was restored and is now a very nice restaurant and hotel. Now it is permanently moored and no longer moves.[Maranda, 02/19/2009]
- 1000 Front St., Sacramento, CA
- Along the Sacramento River in Old Sacramento.
- Free to view, otherwise make a reservation.
A memorial plaque for Senator Capitol Kitty, a friendly, feral, black cat that lived on the state capitol grounds for 13 years (1991-2004). Former California First Lady Sharon Davis featured the popular cat in her children's book, "The Adventures of Capitol Kitty: An Almost True Story."[M.Maki, 07/16/2009]
13 years of bad luck as state legislators crossed Senator Capitol Kitty's path. That explains everything!
- N Street., Sacramento, CA
- N St between 10th St and 15th St. 30 paces past the South exit to the Capitol. Underneath "tree tour #73" along the curved sidewalk.
A good place for kids. All fairy tale-themed slides and toys.[Danielle C, 03/10/2013]
Delighting children since 1959, this storybook park features fiberglass statues, a giant shoe slide, a castle, a pirate ship, the Yellow Brick Road, and a climbable hunk of swiss cheese. Clean, well-tended, emphasis as a "safe" place for kids. All adults must be accompanied by children.
- 3901 Land Park Drive, Sacramento, CA
- I-5 Sutterville Road, head east, at first traffic light, Land Park Drive, turn left and drive 1/4 mile. City ordinance mandates adults must be accompanied by a child.
- Mar-Oct daily 9-4, Nov-Feb Th-Su 10-4. (Call to verify)