Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
You can park across the street from the building with the Coke cup, but look out for the bees in the bushes![Jessica, 09/16/2012]
- 1804 Arena Way, Sacramento, CA
- Off I-5 freeway at the Truxel Road Exit in the Natomas area of Sacramento. Arena Way at Gateway Park Blvd.
Park in the gravel patch across the street for easy photos.[Kellie Parker, 04/10/2010]
Located on the south east corner of Arena Way and Gateway Park Blvd is a giant 3 story coke cup with a straw. At least it's Classic Coke! Evidently this is a Coca Cola bottling plant or distribution center. It is the only building in this area of any distinction.
Can be seen 24 hours a day from the street and is illuminated at night[Phil Pasquini, 11/20/2008]
- Sacramento, California - Delta King Riverboat
An authentic 285-foot riverboat from 1927. And in the early '80s it was sunk for 18 months until someone rescued it and brought it to Old Sacramento. It was restored and is now a very nice restaurant and hotel. Now it is permanently moored and no longer moves.[Maranda, 02/19/2009]
- 1000 Front St., Sacramento, CA
- Along the Sacramento River in Old Sacramento.
- Free to view, otherwise make a reservation.
Kitty memorial still there but the folks in the building don't seem to know it's there.[Drumbabe, 11/03/2016]
Current legislators and staff might be uninformed about Senator Capitol Kitty. If they noticed the monument at all, they might think it's someone's stripper name.
- N Street., Sacramento, CA
- N St between 10th St and 15th St. 30 paces past the South exit to the Capitol. Underneath "tree tour #73" along the curved sidewalk.