Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
This TV McDonald's has been demolished and rebuilt to resemble the new prototype McDonald's store that is being rolled out across the country. It is still being used for commercials.[Nichols, 08/31/2006]
- 17030 Green Dr., City of Industry, CA
- Tucked inside an industrial park.
- Private property. Visible from road.
This is a fake McDonald's built for their commercials and movies (just about any commercial you see, and every movie, that has a Mickey D's as a location, this will be it). Really a weird site, tucked in the far end of an industrial park it has a few Mickey D's signs on wheels w/adjustable height(for those crane shots), and out front are those big 45 foot cargo containers holding EVERY possible McDonald's uniform in every size from around the world (for their international ads) and a basement with McDonald's furniture in every style and color combination the chain allows (so it looks like different McD's from spot-to-spot).[Anon., 09/09/2000]
Sept. 2014: We noticed this 2000 tipster's claim about uniforms from around the world being challenged elsewhere (so it might no longer be true or was never true to begin with). We know the fake McD's had been used in movies in the 1990s (one of the Roadside guys had a cameo as a french fry cook).
"Back to the Future" filming location for the fictional Twin Pines Mall. Now a 24 Hour Fitness (was a JCPenney in the movie).[Alex, 08/07/2012]
Doc Brown fired his DeLorean into the past from this real shopping mall parking lot. Fans of the film gathered in the parking lot on Oct. 26, 1985, just in case something happened. It didn't.
Puente Hills Mall
- 1600 Azusa Ave., City of Industry, CA
- Puente Hills Mall, Rowland Heights, Hwy 60 exit 18 south to Azusa Ave. The actual spot is outside the south end of the mall, in the parking lot in front of the Burlington Coat Factory.
- Best seen at night.
The food was surprisingly better than expected. The description pretty much sums it up, you sit on a toilet whilst eating out of one. My friend and I couldn't stop laughing the entire time! This place is also a 3 minute drive to the Jurassic Park restaurant.[Andrew, 01/07/2014]
Dinosaurs proved more resistant to extinction than the Magic Restroom Cafe, which closed in May 2014 after less than eight months in business.
- Pomona Fwy exit 19. Drive north, then quickly turn right at the stoplight onto Gale Ave. Drive a quarter-mile. As the street bends right you'll see a large Asian shopping center on the right; the cafe is there, #222.
- Crapped out in late May 2014