San Francisco, California: Cupid's Span
2002 work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, with an arrow right to the old ticker of San Francisco.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Cupid's Span
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a tip that says SF has "a giant bow and arrow." Man, I'll say. It's 60 feet tall and 140 feet long. It's called Cupid's Span and made out of fiberglass and stainless steel. It was installed in 2002 and is the work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, who have created lots of other big things around the country and around the world.
[Dean Jeffrey, 01/14/2009]
Giant Bow and Arrow
On the Embarcadero, just south of the Ferry Building, is a giant bow and arrow.
[Denise and Bruce, 08/08/2005]
March 28, 2017
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Calico Ghost Town, Yermo, California
- Diorama Museum of Bhagavad-gita, Los Angeles, California
- Storyland - Child-Free Adults Unwelcome, Fresno, California
- Glory Hole - Monticello Dam Drain, Napa, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
- World's Tallest Our Lady of Guadalupe, Windsor, Ohio