San Francisco, California: Cupid's Span
2002 work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, with an arrow right to the old ticker of San Francisco.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Cupid's Span
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a tip that says SF has "a giant bow and arrow." Man, I'll say. It's 60 feet tall and 140 feet long. It's called Cupid's Span and made out of fiberglass and stainless steel. It was installed in 2002 and is the work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, who have created lots of other big things around the country and around the world.
[Dean Jeffrey, 01/14/2009]
Giant Bow and Arrow
On the Embarcadero, just south of the Ferry Building, is a giant bow and arrow.
[Denise and Bruce, 08/08/2005]
August 27, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- Muffler Man - Cowboy Willy, Willits, California
- Elfin Forest, Los Osos, California
- Trust In Me, My Friend, Clovis, California
- Trees Of Mystery, Klamath, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota