San Francisco, California: Cupid's Span
2002 work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, with an arrow right to the old ticker of San Francisco.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Cupid's Span
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a tip that says SF has "a giant bow and arrow." Man, I'll say. It's 60 feet tall and 140 feet long. It's called Cupid's Span and made out of fiberglass and stainless steel. It was installed in 2002 and is the work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, who have created lots of other big things around the country and around the world.
[Dean Jeffrey, 01/14/2009]
Giant Bow and Arrow
On the Embarcadero, just south of the Ferry Building, is a giant bow and arrow.
[Denise and Bruce, 08/08/2005]
October 1, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan, Forestville, California
- Feature: Area 101, Laytonville, California
- Giant Cow Food Stand, Three Rivers, California
- Feature: Chapman's Gem and Mineral Museum, Fortuna, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii
- Standin' on the Corner Park, Winslow, Arizona