San Francisco, California: Cupid's Span
2002 work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, with an arrow right to the old ticker of San Francisco.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Cupid's Span
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There's a tip that says SF has "a giant bow and arrow." Man, I'll say. It's 60 feet tall and 140 feet long. It's called Cupid's Span and made out of fiberglass and stainless steel. It was installed in 2002 and is the work of Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, who have created lots of other big things around the country and around the world.
[Dean Jeffrey, 01/14/2009]
Giant Bow and Arrow
On the Embarcadero, just south of the Ferry Building, is a giant bow and arrow.
[Denise and Bruce, 08/08/2005]
December 9, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Amboy Lions, Amboy, California
- Film Strip USA Monument, Culver City, California
- San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Kelly's Muffler Car, Paradise, California
- Feature: Fort Humboldt - Lonely Ulysses S. Grant Army Post, Eureka, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma